git clone git://github.com/JustinCampbell/caboose.git
rvm 1.9.3 gem install rails rails new MyApp -m caboose/caboose.rb
Because every time I have a great idea, I spend too much time just getting my environment setup. I've made enough apps to know what I typically want at the start, and it's nice to be able to jump directly into a TDD cycle within a few minutes.
Stuff it does
- RVM 1.9.3
- Bundle with binstubs, without production
- Remove default Rails assets
- Create a PagesController with root route pointing to 'pages#index'
- Page title helper
- SASS base style
- Guard w/ Growl notifications
- Travis CI
- Heroku and Postgres
- Google Analytics JS
- New Relic
Coming soon, maybe
- Fabricator, or another factory
- Unicorn configured for Heroku
For more detail you should probably check out the source code.